Ransomware 2021 Spotlight Report: Through the Lens of Threat and Vulnerability Management
Ransomware is an escalating problem. Our annual research unearthed many interesting insights and trends that would enable deeper understanding of this threat. Our research uncovered 223 vulnerabilities tied to these threats; it has nearly quadrupled since our last report.
Here are a few key insights from the report:
- 223 Vulnerabilities were found tied to Ransomware strains
- 96% of these vulnerabilities are old and discovered before 2020.
- 125 Ransomware families have been discovered to be in existence
- 40% of vulnerabilities used by Ransomware are linked to 5 common CWEs
- 33 Unique APT groups have been identified who use 65 ransomware exploits